Man of a Thousand Faces

Man of a Thousand Faces
The great Lon Chaney from London After Midnight

Oct 31, 2010

October 31st - PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2 (2010)

First off, I apologize for not posting more movie reviews. The wife and I hosted a Halloween party last night and yours truly was busy carving pumpkins, cleaning, making food and putting on his make up and costume. So now I have time to do a movie review.

The sequel to 2009's blockbuster horror film is pretty much the same thing as you saw win the first film. If you liked the first one, you'll enjoy this. If you hated the first film, don't expect to enjoy this one. I fall in the later. I didn't care for this at all.

The film is just filled with cheap scares. Loud noises abruptly, cupboards opening, lights turning off, dog barking, it's the same thing as the first film. This time the sister of the woman in the first film is being haunted by a ghost or demon. Her husband is a non-believer and the filmmakers play him off like an asshole. Every male in this movie is a tool and for me, it's borderline offensive. The daughter is just like her step-Mom and believes the family is in trouble and the baby of the family seems to know more what is going on than everyone else. Aside from the family now having a daughter, baby and dog, this is exactly the same movie. Sure, the filmmakers try to add a little bit of a back-story this time around but the film focuses more on the cheap scares.

I will say the acting is much better this time around but even so, the characters say some pretty awful dialogue. At times I couldn't help but laugh and I am sorry, when you have the father running down the basement stairs looking for his son that the demons might have grabbed, hearing the baby babble and laugh just made me laugh. It wasn't scary at all. However, the film is told from a female perspective so I think women may find this more frightening than men. Consider me a non-believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment